Sunday, November 5

Beautiful Day in Kansas

Wow, what a great day it was in Kansas. It was around 70* outside and gorgeous!

Even though it was nice out , it started out a little dreary. We needed to attend a funeral this morning. It was for a 16 year old son of one of David's cousins. He decided that life was to difficult and chose to end his. So sad and such a waste. The church was filled with teenage friends. It was clear that he did not lack in friends. Whatever it was, it must have seemed impossible for him to deal with. So sad.

Then the rest of the day started:

I pulled up the dead tomato plants, tilled some of the soil in the greenhouse and started putting up the bubble wrap inside to help insulate it for the winter. My hope is to keep it around 45* or so out there for the winter. A nice place to store my Canna and Dahlia bulbs. Overwinter some things that can't take the colder weather.

I also put mulch up around a lot of my rose bushes today. Something I think I'm going to do every year, but never seem to get done. LOL


Then of course.........it was nap time with the puppies! LOL My favorite part of the weekend days. LOL We took a nap for about 1 1/2 hours. such great little napping buddies these girls are.

Tommorrow I plan on putting up some more of the bubble wrap in the greenhouse. I also need to plant about 50 bazillion bulbs. LOL Well, maybe not that many!

Oh, and here are pics of some of the Amaryllis I am growing at the moment. It will take them 6-8 weeks to start blooming, so I should have lots of beauty over the holidays. Nothing like flowers to brighten a winter day!
Queen of Hearts



Dancing Queen



Rilona

3 comments:

Barb said...

HI Peg,

Sorry to hear about the funeral.
I am enjoying reading about what's going on in your life.

Miss you!
Barb

Peg said...

OMG! Hey Barb!!! I'm sooooooo psyched to hear from you! How ya doing babe? Send me your email! I tried to leave a comment on your blog but it said you had to approve them. Good to hear from you! I miss you!

Dreaming again said...

Oh how fun! TSBS Party on blogger!!!

Too cool!!

I tried to leave a message on Barbs blog too and it timed out on me. Growl.

So ... Hi BARB!

Peg, sorry to hear about the funeral too, how sad. His family is in my prayers.