Saturday, November 4

A lazy day for sure!

What a lazy day! LOL I took the day of from work and basically did NOTHING! Oh well, that's what I like to do on my days off. But I have soooooo much to do. So tomorrow I'll get with it. I've got tons of bulbs to plant.

Today I did plant another one of my amaryllis bulbs. I got some wonderful amaryllis from a bulb Co-op I belong to. They are HUGE as you can see from the picture.



My plan is to plant one or two each week so I have gorgrous blooms for a long time! I love amaryllis. Here's a little information on amaryllis in case you are wanting to try one. You will be greatly rewarded. I'm going to try and get mine to rebloom next year, something I have never really tried. But the bulbs I got are so nice that I really need to.


Name - The Amaryllis hybrids are properly known as Hippeastrum, which means horseman star.

Description - Amaryllis have long been popular plants as they flower easily and produce big and showy trumpet-shaped flowers which brighten up any dark corner of a room, especially in winter. The flowers can be as large as 15cm/6in and the stems 30-50cm (1-2ft).

Origin - Central and South America

Colour - Red, salmon, orange, pink, white and multicoloured

Family - Amaryllidaceae, amaryllis family

Varieties - There are today many countless varieties. Some are slightly scented, particularly the white flowers. Popular varieties are 'Red Lion' (red) and 'Orange Souvereign' (dark orange). An example with a sweet fragrant is the 'Apple Blossom' in tones of pink and white.

Care Tips - Room temperature around 20 C (64 F) and a bright location. Water generously during the growing and flowering period, and feed monthly even after flowering. The Amaryllis usually flowers after 5-6 weeks of purchase provided it is given the right conditions



Hubby and I went to eat at the local chinese restaurant around 3 pm. So that covered lunch and dinner. mmmmmmm........it was good.

The puppies are great today! MissyMae has started to ring the bells on the front door when she wants to go out. Today it became somewhat of a game. Right after we came in , she turned around and rang them again. LOL Feast or Famine! She and Zada sure are fun though. Here they are at work playing.

2 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Aren't Amaryllis the bulbs people 'plant' in water?

I'll have pictures of my plants soon.

Peg! I have Plants!!!

Peg said...

Yep, you can plant them in water or soil. You can plant them in decorative pebbles, etc. Cool! You have plants!!!